Mehmet Murat TopaçDepartment of Mechanical Engineering, Dokuz Eylül University
M.M. Topaç received his BEng and MSc in Mechanical Engineering / design & production. He earned his PhD in the field of vehicle dynamics. Currently he is serving as a researcher on automotive technology and ground vehicle engineering at the Department of Mechanical Engineering, Dokuz Eylül University, Turkey.
Main research topics:
• Automotive engineering,
• Vehicle design,
• Failure analysis and prevention in vehicle design,
• Applied optimisation in vehicle engineering,
• Ground vehicle dynamics,
• Defence engineering,
• Computer-aided engineering.
Current research interests:
• Rolling chassis design for special purpose vehicles: multi-axle land platforms, heavy-duty commercial vehicles, articulated vehicles / trailers,
• Alternative urban transportation: design of electric vehicles / urban electric microcars,
• Failure analysis and optimal design of vehicle components and subsystems,
• Dynamics of special purpose land vehicles,
• Modelling, design, optimisation and manufacturing of vehicle suspensions, axle systems (rigid / independent) and steering systems (including progressive steering systems for multi-axle heavy-duty trailers, multi-axle steering systems for special purpose land vehicles),
• Design and optimisation of chassis and vehicle body structure,
• Powertrain architecture and modelling.
Since 2006, he has been serving as a project consultant for automotive industry. He has been directing projects related to design and optimisation of suspensions, steering linkages, chassis, body and the other mechanical sub systems of wheeled vehicles. Moreover, he is investigating the effects of the design parameters of suspension and steering systems on handling behaviour and dynamics of land vehicles. He is also interested in topology optimisation-based lightweight design in vehicle engineering.
He is a member of SAE International and UCTEA Chamber of Mechanical Engineers.
ORCID : 0000-0002-7462-1796
WOS ResearcherID : K-5177-2019
SCOPUS ID : 26434434100
Email : email@example.com
- Phone : +90 232 301 92 48
- Email : firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com
- Address : Department of Mechanical Engineering, Dokuz Eylül University, Office: Z40, Tınaztepe Campus, 35397, Buca / Izmir - TURKEY