Mehmet Murat TopaçFaculty of Engineering, Dokuz Eylül University, Department of Mechanical Engineering
M.M. TOPAÇ received his B.Sc. and M.Sc. in mechanical engineering and design / manufacturing in mechanical engineering respectively. He earned his Ph.D. in the field of road vehicle dynamics. Currently, he is serving as researcher on automotive studies at the Department of Mechanical Engineering, Dokuz Eylül University, Izmir, Turkey.
His current research and application interests include:
- Handling dynamics and design of:
▪ electric vehicles / urban electric microcars,
▪ tactical wheeled armoured combat vehicles,
▪ heavy-duty commercial vehicles,
▪ articulated vehicles,
▪ special purpose land vehicles and platforms,
- Design and optimisation of:
▪ vehicle suspensions and axle systems (rigid and independent)
▪ conventional single front steering systems,
▪ progressive steering systems for multy-axle heavy-duty trailers,
▪ multi-axle steering systems for special purpose land vehicles,
▪ chassis and vehicle body,
▪ mechanical power transmissions.
- Failure analysis of vehicle components / systems,
- Computer-aided vehicle engineering.
As an application of academia - industry collaboration, he is serving as technical consultant on kinematic / mechanical design and optimisation of suspensions, steering linkages and the other mechanical sub systems of wheeled vehicles. Moreover, he is investigating the effects of the design parameters of suspension and steering systems on handling behaviour and dynamics of land vehicles. He is also interested in topology optimisation-based lightweight design of suspensions, chassis / body and the other mechanical subsystems of land vehicles.
He is a member of SAE International and UCTEA Chamber of Mechanical Engineers.
- Phone : +90 232 301 92 48
- Email : firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com
- Address : Faculty of Engineering, Dokuz Eylül University, Department of Mechanical Engineering, Office: Z40, Tınaztepe Campus, 35397, Buca / Izmir - TURKEY